Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for an experienced Purchasing Manager for one of our large Vancouver based construction clients. The procurement manager will lead the purchasing and procurement team working on a large construction projects in the lower mainland.
The Procurement Manager, will manage the development of procurement strategy for major projects and will lead the strategic sourcing and tendering process for high value and complex construction materials packages, and construction services. The procurement team will ensure cost, risk, and delivery timelines are managed effectively and will manage all long lead time commodities. The successful candidate must have experience with high complex tender evaluations and a proven ability to manage negotiations with vendors from a variety of industries.
- University degree with a Supply Chain Management focus (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Must have 2-3 years experience within commercial / residential construction projects
- An SCMP designation (or equivalent combination of designation plus experience)
- 6+ years progressive experience in procurement and contracts related roles in the construction industry with experience commercial / residential construction projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communications and negotiations experience
- Proven experience in managing the procurement process for large scale construction projects
- Ability to travel when required
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance and Supply Chain. To view similar postings please visitwww.horizonrecruit.com.