Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting a search for an experienced Purchasing Manger to join one of our lower mainland clients and manage a team of 5 staff and lead the RFP, tender and contract award process for a complex organization. The Purchasing Manager will lead all purchasing and vendor management projects along with leading the strategic direction of the purchasing group.
- Communicate with internal clients to evaluate current vendors and assess business unit needs to be included in Tender documents
- Manage the end to end procurement process including RFP / RFQ preparation, bid evaluations and preparation / negotiation of contract documents
- Lead continuous improvement process within the vendor management office
- Ensure that all contracts, resources and support services are delivered
- Develop, prepare, and implement procurement and contract strategy
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to liaise with both external and internal customers at all levels of the organization
- Experience leading large scale corporate procurement projects with strong experience sourcing both indirect and project vendors
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities, deliverables and multiple stakeholders
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) preferred
- Experience working in a complex, large scale environment
- Strong experience managing end to end formal RFP/RFQ process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multilevel, project based environment with an emphasis on project timelines and delivery
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.
To APPLY and view similar postings please visit “Your Career” at www.horizonrecruit.com.