Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting an immediate search for a Purchasing Agent for our government client to fill a 6 month contract position.
The Purchasing Agent will participate in vendor sourcing and vendor management activities focused on IT projects. The consultant will also support existing staff with related projects as need be. You will also review and evaluate existing contracts to ensure service delivery and that the legal language is correct, minimizing risk to the organisation and identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive procurement and strategic sourcing experience
- SCMP/CPP designation or working towards.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on sound analysis
- Strong relationship building and people skills to facilitate co-operation between diverse groups
- Minimum of 3 years negotiating medium to complex contracts
- Good understanding of contract law and contract writing
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate skills with computerized financial applications
- Strong MS Excel and database skills
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.