Our client, a growing specialty supermarket, is seeking a Purchasing Administrator to assist the Buying team manage open orders, vendor management and tracking changes.
Please note the working hours for this role is Sunday to Thursday
The role includes heavy interaction with vendors in terms of both problem resolution and purchasing of product, managing the purchase order cycle (i.e., writing the order, tracking key orders from shipment to the distribution center) through to analyzing its performance.
Duties also include performing the administrative & operational functions supporting the buyer and responsible for purchase order management and administration as well as processing markdowns. This includes writing orders, changes, cancellations and necessary follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
· College/university diploma/degree
· 3+ food retail merchandising experience a must
· Working knowledge of food merchandising and technical aspects of food merchandising
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong retail math skills.
· Highly effective written and verbal communication.
· Strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers both in person and via telephone
· Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task and maintain focus
· Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.