Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Property Accountant for a leading, local Property Management firm. The Property Accountant will be joining a group of professionals committed to delivering world class customer service to their clients. The company takes work-life balance very seriously which has resulted in a very stable work environment with many long-term team members.
- Account for the timely and accurate completion of all accounting activities for an assigned portfolio of real estate investments
- Preparation of month-end and year-end financial statements
- Assist in the budgeting process and re-forecasting
- Ensure year-end adjustments for common area, operating costs and taxes are processed on time
- Ensure revised rental notices are sent on time to ensure maximum collection and accurate budgeting
- Experience in the property management industry is preferred but not necessary
- Actively enrolled in the CPA program with at least 2 years of related accounting experience
- Positive "can do" attitude and a proven history of high performance
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.