Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Project Procurement Consultant to lead major procurement events critical to infrastructure projects throughout BC. The role will assist our growing client with multiple construction initiatives and a wide variety of vendor categories. Initially a 12-month engagement this opportunity offers a senior supply chain professional an exceptional opportunity to work on high profile projects in a complex environment and has the potential for extensions or permanent work in the future.
- Provide end-to-end procurement services of planning, strategy development, spend analysis, contracting plan, competition document formation, negotiation, award, conforming contracts and contract management
- Preparing procurement strategies and contract plans that properly allocate identified risks between our client and vendors to meet the objectives of the projects
- Develop and execute highly complex competitive bid (RFx) processes that include:
- Clearly defined scope of work, key evaluation criteria and decision factors, including procurement and project risk factors and probability of occurrence
- Appropriate information to assess supplier capabilities, expertise, competencies and capacity
- Complex and comprehensive Total Cost of Ownership models to optimize benefits and reduce total costs
- Build and maintain working relationships with clients and stakeholders within the organization and lead cross-functional teams through the sourcing, negotiation and contract transitioning stages
- Track and monitor procurement milestones to ensure deliverable's are achieved as scheduled/on-time
- Provision of coaching/mentoring to procurement staff in the department
- Manages vendor performance ensuring plans, metrics, and monitoring tools are in place to ensure quality, delivery, compliance to specifications, price, ethics and overall business conditions are met
- Manage supplier relationships
- 10+ years’ experience providing relevant procurement services for complex material and equipment requirements
- Engineering or business-related degree
- MBA, or Supply Chain specific designation is an asset.
- Have worked in large scale infrastructure projects involving significant engineering, environmental, technical and safety components, complex procurement strategies and tight schedules
- Experience leading multi-discipline team in major procurement initiatives and working with large organizations
- Public procurement experience including public procurement processes, Canadian contract and tender law, and all applicable Provincial and Federal Trade Agreements and regulation
- Understands different procurement models and methodologies and their applications
- Exemplary written and oral presentation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.