Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Project Planner/Scheduler to join our clients project delivery team and assist with schedule creation and management on a number of large scale capital projects.
Reporting to the site engineering manager, you will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of project planning and scheduling. You will coordinate the allocation of resources to ensure timely and cost effective project delivery. This role will work closely with the cost control, procurement and estimating teams. Initially a 6 month contract this role may evolve to longer term project assignments.
- Preparing, monitoring and updating project schedules in Primavera P6
- Manage resource loading for both labour and equipment requirements
- Develop critical path analysis for each project
- Provide updates to project management and engineering teams on site and in corporate office
- Interpret the planning and procurement process as it relates to large capital construction projects, ensuring master schedule incorporates these processes
- Analyze progress against project plan. Develop corrective actions with the project team to minimize schedule delays
- Ensure that project schedule decisions can be made based upon accurate and timely schedule and progress / performance information
- Proven experience sequencing, prioritizing and managing resource levels associated with equipment installation and construction related activities
- Strong skills and knowledge in Primavera P6 are essential
- Strong skills in schedule planning, activity duration estimating, critical path method (CPM) schedule preparation, schedule analysis, schedule system application and construction scheduling
- Skill and knowledge of overall project implementation management processes
- A graduate degree in an Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management is desirable
- Ability to evaluate schedule risks and associated cost impacts
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within an EPC environment.
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Utilities Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a planning / scheduling role within a capital construction environment
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.