The Project Manager, Facilities provides direction and leadership in the planning and delivery of new capital projects including renovations and major maintenance work within our clients operations. In this senior role, the incumbent will be responsible for leading project stakeholders through the capital planning process, providing guidance and support to planning within the framework of our clients capital plan and strategic initiatives. In this position you will utilize your extensive experience and knowledge of capital project management, planning, design, construction and project administration to deliver new capital projects and/or renovation/addition projects.
In addition, you will be responsible for the development and definition of project scopes, schedules and budgets, as well as oversight of project consultants for the delivery of feasibility/concept level studies, schematic designs, design development, permit applications, and the necessary internal reviews, approvals and reporting. The role will require follow-through of project implementation, including the oversight and management of consultants and/or self-performing for the development of construction documents, project tender, tender award and construction administration. Responsibilities also include the understanding and use of consulting and construction contracts, supplementary conditions, RFP, EOI, RFQ templates, and related template forms and letters.
- University degree in Engineering and/or 5 plus years proven and progressive project management experience in facility development. Project Management training/certification such as a PMP designation is considered an asset.
- Experience in the design and construction of civic and commercial buildings.
- Experience with utilizing urban planning principles and urban site optimization.
- Experience in the project management of commercial, institutional and industrial multi-tenant buildings.
- Knowledge in working with Asset Management Plans and managing multi-year capital plans.
- Experience in estimating costs of a variety of building projects, types of materials, methods of estimating and classes of estimates.
- Extensive experience in preparing construction specifications and consulting agreements including different project delivery models.
- Ability to analyze complex situations, determine appropriate courses of action and prepare reports related to the same for discussion.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to compose clear, concise and complete reports.
- Results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with tight time lines.
- Computer proficiency in the MS Office Suite of products (MS Project, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.