Horizon Recruitment Inc. has partnered with a large public sector organization to identify an Project Manager to work within the Supply Chain department on a 12 month contract position. This role requires a candidate with strong project management experience and someone able to manage a portfolio of small projects. You will manage extensive communications with internal and external customers in a very high volume and complex environment.
- Administer and lead all aspects of project operations including weekly management reporting, project budgets and controls.
- Develop project charter, plans and objectives to ensure success of each project.
- Advise and guide internal stakeholders on project barriers and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and mitigate risks.
- Quickly assimilate market and supply chain knowledge related to complex medical procurement and supply chain issues.
- Operate as an internal focal point for project activities generating and maintaining internal stakeholder approval and buy-in.
- Providing project support and guidance to project staff as appropriate.
- Support Project Director as required and directed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager or Senior Project Coordinator within a large and complex organisation.
- Good academic record with a Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Supply Chain).
- Post grad qualifications such as PMP, Prince 2 or a MBA are considered an asset.
- Project/change management experience within a unionized environment
- Experience managing complex project budgets and assigning costs and project savings to relevant departments
- Experience working with Engineering / Consulting firms an asset
- Must have a pragmatic and diplomatic approach to managing people and projects.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.