Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a Project Finance Professional for a 6 month contract position with one of our large lower mainland clients. Our client is a leader in their field and is seeking a dynamic individual to manage project budgets and progress for a major IT Transformation projects.
As the Project financial controller you will be responsible for the evaluation and due diligence associated with project budgets. Working as part of the Decision Support Team, you will act as a resource for various project management teams and provide both financial evaluation and business case development expertise. You will lead the development and implementation of financial models, taking into account contract terms and conditions, project schedules and other relevant information. As the ideal candidate you will be well versed in providing analytical evaluation methodologies and will have experience assessing significant financial transactions and business ventures and will be comfortable presenting financial plans and forecasts to the executive team.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics or engineering, as well as other post-graduate financial designation qualification (e.g. MBA, CFA, CPA, CA , CGA, CMA, etc)
- Proven experience leading the finance function for a large IT Transformation project
- Demonstrated experience in financial evaluation modeling and techniques (including advanced expertise in Excel)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT Transformation projects, business decision and finance processes of a large, complex project
- Excellent leadership, relationship management, and interpersonal skills for working in a large organization with cross-departmental functions and responsibilities
- Experience within a P3 or government environment would be an asset
- Experience managing budgets in mining / engineering or utilities construction projects
- Very strong business writing and oral communication skill set
- Excellent time management, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to review capital project business case submissions, assess the business and operational implications, and evaluate the soundness and strength of the business case’s presentation, justification and recommendation
- Professionalism to take on responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of deliverable
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.