Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for an experienced Project Controls Specialist to support a large construction project in BC. Reporting to the Director, Project Controls, the role will oversee a number of aspects associated with ensuring the project come in on time and within budget. These include developing procurement budgets for major costs, planning and scheduling activities, cost controls and information management.
The role requires a project controls expert who will mentor junior team members and will lead Primavera project set up and EVMS system development/ Maintenance.
The role will bridge between project operations and corporate head office.
The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and prioritize many ongoing assignments and will have leadership qualities.
Initially a 12 month contract term this position is likely to have long term options on the project.
- Develop and maintain procurement package budgets and cost forecasts
- Lead Primavera P6 set up for new projects
- Act as subject matter expert for EVM reporting and processes. Create and maintain EVM forecasts
- Manage and forecast project contingency requirements, escalation, Forex, currencies etc.
- Establishing and managing payment schedules, project schedules and budgets
- Monitor vendor progress on contract deliverables
- Monitoring, reporting and management of non-conformance's
- Perform financial accountability including, invoice verification and approval, monthly accruals and monitoring contract task budgets
- Negotiate claims and facilitate dispute resolution processes
- Engineering degree
- PEng, ASc, CCP, CEP, PMP or other similar designations preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a construction or mining environment
- 5 years leadership experience
- Primavera P6 and Prism software experience
- Expert level Excel skills including routine creation of Macros and complex formulas
- Strong knowledge of EPC environments
- Experience developing budgets and forecasts for complex capital projects
- Experience preparing Earned Value Management forecasts and reporting
- Superior communications skills are a must in this role with strong leadership qualities
- Rate Range: $50/hr - $65hr depending on experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.