Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for an experienced Project Controls Specialist for one of our BC based clients. Our client is a world leader in their field and is seeking a dynamic individual to join their growing team for a 6 month contract.
Reporting to the Project Services Manager, the Project Controls Specialist will support a number of aspects associated with ensuring the project comes in on time and within scope. These include Procurement, Scheduling, Cost Controls and Information Management. The role will liaise with a number of different departments and act as the bridge between project operations and corporate head office. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and prioritize many ongoing assignments.
- Provide Contract administration support to a large team with diverse project requirements
- Support creation of, and maintain EVM forecasts
- Establishing and managing payment schedules, project schedules and budgets
- Monitor vendor progress on contract deliverables
- Monitoring, reporting and management of non-conformances
- Perform financial accountability including, invoice verification and approval, monthly accruals and monitoring contract task budgets
- Negotiate claims and facilitate dispute resolution processes
- 5-7 years in a similar role, preferably in a construction environment
- Strong knowledge of EPC environments
- Experience preparing Earned Value Management forecasts and reporting
- Expert level Excel skills including routine creation of Macros and complex formulas
- Experience with Risk Management methodologies
- Superior communications skills are a must in this role
- The pursuit of a master's degree in an engineering discipline is an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.