Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a Production Manager for our Manufacturing client based out of Greater Vancouver.
The Production Manager is responsible for the management of the organizations production output with full responsibility for the successful and smooth daily operations of the manufacturing facility, covering all aspects of safety, quality, delivery and staff management.
- Successfully lead and manage the production team across multiple areas such as training and career development, managing OPEX budget, improving efficiency and productivity among the workforce.
- Manage output and production schedules using Demand Driven Manufacturing techniques (ideally exposure to Drum, Buffer, and Rope & Replenishment).
- Oversee and supervise production process, ensuring high standards are maintained across all aspects of production operating procedures.
- Ensure serviceability and maintenance of all manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Be an advocate of safe and compliant working practices across the facility.
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise change over
- Responsible for product quality and build processes to guarantee all standards and specifications are met prior to leaving production.
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline; engineering, science, mathematics or business discipline
- APICS Certification preferred
- 3+ years direct management of teams of employees within a manufacturing environment, electronics background a distinct advantage
- 5+ years working within production related roles
- Exposure and competency with the Demand Driven Manufacturing techniques of Drum, Buffer, Rope scheduling & execution and Replenishment planning & execution
- Proven track record and demonstrable examples of optimizing up-time and quality
- Polished communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing change and production growth within a manufacturing environment. Lean manufacturing experience would be an asset.
- Working examples of implementing process improvements and technology in a manufacturing environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.