Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a skilled Production Manager for a manufacturing company that is on the forefront of green energy and renewables. Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager oversees a team of 6 direct reports and an overall team of 70+. The Production Manager has overall responsibility for the production process, driving the development of efficient manufacturing processes and methods.
The Production Manager manages production quality and develops staff and trains team members. The right candidate can engage effectively with both direct and indirect staff to lead projects to a successful conclusion. The Production Manager is responsible for manufacturing including machining, fabrication, electrical and assemblies Products in accordance with Documented procedures and instructions.
- Oversee and work with production personnel in all areas related to production including material handling, cutting, forming, burning, breaking, shearing, skid/container production, pressure vessel production, block assemblies, dispenser/panel assemblies, electrical, testing/run-in and detailing/paint booth.
- Identify areas for improvement, ways to better expedite and gain production efficiencies, and cost reductions.
- Set up and maintain optimal material flow through work cells.
- Oversee and coordinate with Production Foremen on specific assembly procedures such as compressor skid fabrication, heat exchanger (air or water cooled) assembly, compressor block assembly, priority gas management assembly, and motor control cabinet assembly.
- Coordinate the training procedures for assembly of the above components required by assembly staff to produce quality products.
- Identify personnel requirements, build production teams and assign team leaders as required.
- Meet the required deadlines for each job entering production.
- Ensure time is properly tracked and allocated for costing purposes by scanning in and out of jobs as required.
- Ensure materials are properly tracked and allocated to each job for costing purposes.
- Ensure quality and pride of work is built into every product produced by having proper QC procedures being implemented by each of the Foremen, team leader and every production worker.
- Ensure a safe work environment by having personnel take pride in a well-organized and maintained production area.
- Ensure new production workers are qualified for the work they are to do, and that proper orientation and training are provided including proper onboarding and off boarding.
- Ensure that proper WorkSafe BC standards are maintained and implemented providing input to the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Responsible for production area and first line equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for being part of the hiring process and annual reviews for personnel.
- Manage company-wide manufacturing development.
- Liaise with internal departments to coordinate operational development.
- Plan and roadmap manufacturing requirements and capabilities.
- Establish and forecast manufacturing capacity.
- Develop long term capability roadmap.
- Drive lean manufacturing methods and practices.
- Develop Production KPIs (utilization, efficiency) and track and control to meet Budget targets.
- Trades certificate from a recognized program and/or technical diploma required.
- 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of equipment tools, mechanical devices, manufacturing processes used to manufacture compressor equipment.
- Experience in optimizing manufacturing processes and flows (e.g. Lean Manufacturing principles).
- Component specific knowledge.
- Worked in an ISO 9001 quality system or equivalent.
- Implementation of "lean" manufacturing techniques
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience reading shop drawings
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite especially Word and Excel.
- ERP systems - Great Plains preferred.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.