Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for an experienced Procurement Supervisor to join our growing manufacturing client. This position requires an experienced manager to lead Vendor Sourcing, Purchasing & Inventory management processes for their growing operations. The successful candidate will be required to drive major process and systems improvements and will support substantial growth targets through the effective management of vendor quality, lead times and reduced material costs.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain group
- Centralize prcourement operations to maximize economies of scale and improve overall operating efficiency.
- Lead strategic sourcing and vendor reviews
- Manage vendor non-conformance issues and KPI reviews
- Manage inventory levels and demand forecasts to ensure reliable supply of raw materials
- Manage the tendering process (RFx) for major service and materials vendors
- Manage a team of purchasing staff
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with suppliers
- Negotiate major vendor contracts
- Manage inventory levels to ensure manufacturing demands are met
- Experience working within a high volume manufacturing environment
- 6+ years progressive experience in supply chain in complex, high paced environment
- Strong leadership and management experience including performance reviews, hiring & firing
- Strong user level experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Past experience managing procurement operations through a period of change
- Leadership experience and experience managing quality systems and GMP standards.
- Strong processes improvement and experience with lean / six sigma methodologies
- Education in Operations or Supply Chain Management preferred (PMAC, CCLP, Plog)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.