Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced Procurement Specialist. Our client requires a procurement professional with strong experience managing vendors within a large-scale manufacturing or project environment.
This position will assist in the planning stage for new projects and will work on the development of procurement and contracting strategy. You will work with engineering to define materials and equipment requirements and will develop and manage tenders for these commodities. You will assist with bid evaluations and contract drafts and will initiate the contract management phase.
- Assist with end to end procurement and contract management for services and complex / long lead time materials.
- Assist with the sourcing of vendors through RFP / RFQ processes
- Manage progress payments and approvals
- Track project budgets and schedules for contract portfolio
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- Familiar working within a high-volume procurement environment
- Experience working in a project or large-scale manufacturing environment (automotive, aerospace etc.)
- Strong RFP, RFQ and Contract preparation experience
- Strong vendor development, management and contract administration skills
- Proven procurement and contracts experience to ensure risk mitigation, cost savings, and vendor excellence
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a project environment
- PMAC/SCMP or CPP designation will be highly valued
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.