Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist for one of our large BC clients. The Procurement Specialist will manage a large volume of vendor sourcing projects and will develop and maintain systems to effectively manage all technology and software licensing agreements; ensuring contract negotiations, license renewals, and maintenance contracts are managed efficiently.
- Manage RFP / RFQ process to source vendors for materials and services
- Negotiate contracts with IT vendors
- Develop and maintain a vendor database to manage current agreements
- Liaise with AP and purchasing groups to ensure vendor billing is accurate
- Negotiate agreements and identify areas for cost savings within existing contracts
- Document process and procedures for IT Vendor management
- 3+ years of experience in corporate procurement / contract management with an IT / software focus
- Experience with public procurement process
- Experience with intellectual property and software licensing agreements
- Strong Excel and data base management skills
- Experience with large ERP systems (SAP, JDE) is an asset
- Experience negotiating contracts and services agreements
- Strong communication skills essential
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.