Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for an experience Procurement Specialist to join our large client in a permanent position within their strategic sourcing group. The role will require the successful candidate to provide sourcing and procurement expertise to a wide range of internal stakeholders. You will manage all competitive bids, contract negotiations, contract compliance and vendor performance metrics.
- Manage end to end procurement process for stakeholders across the organisation
- Issue and manage RFP’s, contract negotiations and vendor management process
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients and external vendors
- Ensure compliance to internal policies and procurement best practices
- Assist with the creation of procurement policies and guidelines
- 5+ years strategic procurement experience
- Public procurement experience within government, crown corporation or municipal settings
- Experience managing procurement for a wide variety of equipment, materials and services
- University level degree, ideally combined with a supply chain specific designation
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience working within a unionized environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.