Horizon Recruitment Inc. is searching for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join our large client to support their BC operations. This position will be required to support procurement projects and materials purchasing responsibilities for a portfolio of projects across BC.
You will support negotiations with diverse portfolio of vendors ensuring day to day operations run efficiently while also provisioning for capital projects and facility expansions.
- Support procurement projects for services, equipment and materials required for both operations and large capital projects
- Manage materials purchasing, PO management and MSA negotiations.
- Manage vendor inquiries and clarifications
- Manage vendor contracts and change order negotiations
- Bid evaluation and vendor negotiations
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working in a project environment
- 3+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 3+ years of experience in procurement and materials management
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- SAP / Ariba experience required
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.