Horizon Recruitment Inc has an immediate need for an experienced Procurement Specialist for a 12 month contract position with our large BC based client. This major project requires a procurement and contract management professional with experience in major construction and engineering projects.
This position will join the project team and will assist in the development of procurement and contracting strategy. You will work with engineering to define the scope of work and will develop tenders for major equipment and specialized materials. You will assist with bid evaluations and contract drafts and will initiate the contract management phase. This is a multi-year project and may offer the opportunity for longer term or permanent assignments.
- Familiar working within a high volume procurement environment
- Experience working in an Industrial Manufacturing, Construction or Engineering environment
- Strong RFP, RFQ and Contract preparation experience
- Strong vendor management and contract administration skills
- Proven procurement and contracts experience to ensure risk mitigation, cost savings, and vendor excellence
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a project environment
- PMAC/SCMP or CPP designation will be highly valued
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.