Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced Procurement Specialist for a 6-month contract position with our BC based client. Our client requires a procurement and contract management professional with strong procurement experience within a large scale manufacturing environment.
This position will manage a key materials vendor relationship and will assist in the planning stage for new projects. You will work with engineering to define materials and equipment requirements and will develop and manage vendor KPI's for these commodities. This role requires a procurement specialist able to coordinate and prioritize constantly changing demands and someone who is able to build and manage strong relationships with bot internal stakeholders and vendor account managers.
- Familiar working within a high volume procurement environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong RFP, RFQ and Contract preparation experience
- Strong vendor development, management and contract administration skills
- Proven procurement and contracts experience to ensure risk mitigation, cost savings, and vendor excellence
- Strong negotiation skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a project environment
- PMAC/SCMP or CPP designation will be highly valued
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.