Horizon Recruitment Inc is seeking an experienced Procurement Services Lead for an opportunity with one of our amazing Lower Mainland clients.
As the Procurement Services Lead you will manage a portfolio of vendors, looking after procurement of materials, equipment, and operational supplies in a large corporate/operational based environment. You will lead the procurement planning, and strategy for the portfolio and will require strong organisation and communication skills. You will work closely with cross functional teams to manage vendor engagement and contracts.
- Manage procurement and contracts strategies for assigned portfolio of vendors
- Assist in implementing Change Management initiatives
- Implement new processes/procedures as a part of the new ERP
- Oversee a team of roughly 15 procurement professionals
- Drive results and continuously ensure team is on track for reaching KPI’s
- Mentor and coach staff, ensuring a highly collaborative environment
- Champion continuous improvement within the supply chain team
- Manage key vendor negotiations and ongoing relationships to ensure best in class service is provided
- Manage tender process including RFP/RFQ’s, Contract terms and conditions and contract negotiations
- Generate, maintain, and verify daily procurement metrics
- Communication of project progress to Leadership Team
- 7-10 years of experience in a procurement position
- Change Management and implementation experience is preferred
- Experience in a Leadership/Management role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with suppliers
- Experience with large scale ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Workday etc)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.