Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting an immediate search for a Procurement professional with experience managing supply chain transformation projects to join one of our high profile Lower Mainland clients on a 6-month contract position in the procurement team.
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Sourcing, the position will be responsible for supporting internal stakeholders of government sourcing and supply chain team, providing guidance and recommendations as it pertains to sourcing and vendor management.
- Support internal clients with a variety of procurement projects
- liaise with existing vendors regarding tendering / contract management process.
- Provide recommendations based on cost analysis of different scenarios and will also review and Evaluate existing contracts to ensure service delivery and that the legal language is correct.
- Remain up to date with current market trends and vendor activity
- Mange vendor relationships and coordinate performance management, KPI’s and performance reviews
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive procurement and strategic sourcing experience
- 5+ years experience within a government procurement team
- SCMP/CPP designation or working towards.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on sound analysis
- Strong relationship building and people skills to facilitate co-operation between diverse groups
- Minimum of 3 years of experience creating and processing competitive bid documents
- Good understanding of public procurement processes
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate skills with computerized financial applications
- Strong MS Excel and database skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.