Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Procurement Manager for one of our high-profile Utility clients. Reporting to the Director of Procurement the Procurement Manager is responsible for leading the division in the development of clear category strategies and processes. This role will help to develop, implement, and monitor processes to optimize our supply chain and material processes. This individual will also take a lead role in interfacing with our supply base and leveraging the relationships for continuous improvement of inventory velocity and product costing.
- Manage and develop the purchasing function for the company
- Develop and maintain purchasing policy and procedures
- Build positive relationships with both internal and external customers
- Add value through your ability to understand and refine business processes
- Manage Supplier relationships and occasionally participate in broader discussions with key strategic suppliers.
- Ensure all purchasing activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Develop strategies and action plans to newly identified opportunities
- Work on project and/or assignments as required, using approved guidelines
- Post-Secondary Degree required
- Experience working on Capital Projects
- Strong understanding of supplier management techniques
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth supply chain experience
- Ability to independently assess, define and solve complex supply chain and procurement issues
- Experience in supplier and market analysis
- Cross-functional team experience
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools & ERP Systems
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgment
- Self-motivated enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.