Horizon Recruitment Inc has an immediate need for a Procurement and Logistics Coordinator to join our client in the manufacturing sector. The role will work closely with the Procurement Manager to work on projects involving a large number of production facilities and will assist with analysis of procurement and logistics needs. Identifying trends and opportunities to better support both internal and external clients.
- General procurement
- Supply chain, distribution and Logistics management.
- Conduct analysis of Manufacturing requirements to support vendor selection and negotiations
- Administer logistics related systems, assist with training, solving common process problems and assist with the on-boarding of new vendors
- Handle quote requests for all modes of transportation (courier / air / ocean / truck)
- Liaise and build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors (internal and external)
- Update existing vendor information in logistics and transport management system
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to ensure TMS information is up to date and operating efficiently
- Develop and distribute operating procedures for TMS system
- Analyze logistics and freight information to identify areas for cost savings and / or improvements in operational efficiencies
- Liaise with IT group to streamline integration of new business units
- Bachelors degree
- 2-3 years’ procurement and logistics experience
- Manufacturing Experience preferable
- Strong analytical skills combined with advanced excel skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong systems experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional travel is required to USA based business units
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.