Horizon Recruitment Inc is seeking an experienced Procurement Lead for a contract to permanent opportunity with one of our Lower Mainland clients.
As the Procurement Lead you will report to the Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible for a team of 5 staff managing the procurement of services, materials, equipment, and operational supplies in a large project based environment. You will lead the procurement team, assigning and delegating all activities for a complex supply chain structure and will require strong leadership skills and strong communication skills. You will work closely with cross functional teams to manage vendor engagement and contracts and will also have some client interaction and commercial responsibilities.
- Supervision of procurement and contracts department
- Assist with the creation of procurement and contracts strategies, templates and processes
- Champion continuous improvement within the supply chain team
- Mentor junior staff and lead by example with a positive and enthusiastic approach
- Manage key vendor negotiations and ongoing relationships to ensure best in class service is provided
- Manage tender process including RFP/RFQ’s, Contract terms and conditions and contract negotiations
- Generate, maintain and verify daily procurement metrics
- Communication of project progress to Leadership Team
- 10 years procurement experience
- 5 years of experience in a leadership position
- Strong experience with both project and corporate procurement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with International suppliers
- Experience working in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment would an asset
- Supply Management designation e.g. PMAC (or equivalent)
- Experience with large scale ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, JDE etc)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.