Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting an immediate search for a Procurement Consultant to join one of our high profile Lower Mainland clients to fill a 6-month contract with high possibilities for extensions.
As the Procurement Consultant, you will be responsible for planning complex procurement projects and vendor management for a broad range of stakeholder requirements. The consultant will also support existing staff with related projects as need be, handling basic project management and project coordination responsibilities in addition to RFP/RFQ creation and management.
The role will require procurement experience within a public setting and will also review and evaluate existing contracts to ensure service delivery.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on sound analysis
- Strong relationship building and people skills to facilitate co-operation between diverse groups
- 6+ years of procurement and contracts negotiation experience
- Experience managing government sourcing projects
- Experience creating RFP/RFQ documents and managing vendor selection process
- Project management / Project coordination experience
- SCMP/MBA preferred or Business Degree as a minimum Standard
- Solid Vendor Management skills with strong communication abilities; both verbal/written
- Self-sufficient with minimum management required
- Good understanding of contract law and contracts
- Superior writing and presentation skills; Strong powerpoint and excel skills are essential
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.