Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for an experienced Procurement and Contracts Specialist to join our client's team for a contract-to-permanent opportunity. Dealing with a portfolio of procurement projects and the management of existing contracts, the candidate will need to hit the ground running.
You will have responsibility for procurement of a diverse range of materials, professional services, software and service offerings. You will have full procurement life cycle responsibility from initial stakeholder engagement through to subsequent management of the successfully awarded contract and will manage sourcing strategic and risk mitigation.
Initially a 6-month contract opportunity this role has the potential for longer-term contracts or even permanency in the future.
- 5 years minimum experience within procurement, direct and indirect
- Experience sourcing and managing IT contracts.
- Proven track record of a tendering process, issuing and composing RFx documentation
- Contracts negotiation and management.
- University-level education, Bachelors degree as a minimum. MBA or Masters level education ideally within supply chain, engineering or construction industry is preferred
- Accreditation from recognized industry body, CIPS, SCMA, APICS
- Demonstrable examples of successfully negotiated contracts and tenders
- Polished communication skills in English, written and verbal
- Able to manage stakeholders both internal and external effectively
- Tenacious and with a good sense of humor an advantage
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered*
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.