Horizon Recruitment Inc. is searching for an experienced Procurement and Contracts Specialist to join our large client to support their BC operations. This position will be required to manage large procurement projects, liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure scope of work and procurement / contracting strategy minimizes risk and cost to the organization.
You will manage post award contract management for a diverse portfolio of vendors ensuring day to day operations run efficiently while also provisioning for capital projects and facility expansions.
- Manage procurement projects for services, equipment and materials required for both operations and large capital projects
- Liaise with Engineering, Project managers, Construction management and Legal teams to develop scope and vendor contracting strategies
- Lead major procurement processes and assist with complex negotiations and escalations
- Manage vendor inquiries and clarifications
- Manage vendor contracts and change order negotiations
- Bid evaluation and vendor negotiations
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Experience managing project information within Sharepoint.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.