Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for a Procurement and Contracts Lead for our large Vancouver, BC based client. This role will manage EPCM contracts for a large construction project, representing the owners interests throughout the planning and construction phase. Initially a 12 month contract this role is likely to receive extensions as additional projects are approved.
- Develop contract strategies to minimize risk
- Manage vendor sourcing activities
- Manage all post award vendor relationships with large EPCM service providers
- Act as owners representative in all contractual interactions with EPCM vendor.
- Negotiate all change orders, claims and scope inquiries
- Track project budgets and schedules for contract portfolio
- Assist with the development of scope of work and RFx for construction tenders
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally with experience managing EPCM contracts.
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Strong pre-award sourcing / procurement experience.
- Experience with Risk assessment and risk management
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.