Horizon Recruitment has been retained to assist our manufacturing client identify a critical role for the executive team. We are recruiting for a Plant Manager who is a proven leader to help build and support a high performing team that oversees all aspects of manufacturing including production planning, maintenance, warehouse, product quality and continuous improvement, safety, procurement, and plant administration. Our client is a trusted international supplier of specialty food ingredients for large-scale brands. Our clients ethical and service based approach has helped build long-standing relationships with customers around the world.
The primary objective of this position is to maximize the level of quality and operational performance measures in a manner that delivers on goals while and maximizing financial performance. The Plant Manager provides leadership to all employees within the plant facilities in a manner that drives productivity, creates engagement and maintains a safe work environment. Working collaboratively with the VP, Operations, this role includes active participation in annual business planning, organizational projects and key initiatives, cross company interactions, and developing positive relations with partner organizations.
- Exceptional leadership, people management and proven team building capability
- Longer term approach to business planning, operational focus, business recommendations, and problem resolution
- Applied knowledge in development of annual operational plans and budgets
- Maintains updated knowledge and strong technical expertise of HACCP and ISO standards, regulations, and practices.
- Exhibits professional maturity, confidence and competence.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and interpersonal skills that engage employees, create a team environment, drive employee productivity and competence, and achieve business goals.
- Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Drive continuous improvement process/manufacturing improvements
- A sense of urgency with regards to moving projects forward and making operational improvements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
- Conflict management skills with ability to effectively and expeditiously reach satisfactory resolution among all involved parties
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises. Involves staff in the decision-making process.
- 5+ years of progressive production experience in manufacturing, preferably within a dairy food-manufacturing environment. Minimum three years in management at a plant facility including cross-functional supervisor/management responsibilities.
- Understanding of how production planning contributes to company profitability.
- Relevant degree/diploma. I.E. Undergraduate degree in Science, Business or Engineering (Food, Manufacturing or Process).
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of business needs.
- Experience working under a HACCP/ISO system and maintaining this system.
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems as well as Microsoft Office products including proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Navision knowledge a plus.
- Capability to work with internal departments, external partners, and diverse personalities in a manner that promotes positive relationships. Experience working within a culturally diverse work environment a plus.
- Builds a high-performance culture with a strong people orientation. Work environment, policies and practices reflect this orientation.
The compensation and benefits package is very competitive. This permanent, full-time position offers a base pay that recognizes your past experience, pays a KPI bonus when we meet targets, full benefit package at 3 months, and matches your RRSP contribution up to 4% of base pay after one year.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.