Horizon Recruitment is working with a client who is one of Canada’s leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies, managing multi-million-dollar projects from inception through completion in Calgary. As one of the market leaders in their field and a growth model that continues to attract top talent, the company is looking to add an experienced Payroll Supervisor to support its continued expansion throughout North America.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Supervisor is a Compliance role. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance for government requirements, company policies, and department processes, and liaises with the Payroll Manager on Internal Controls and Change Management for new processes and departmental changes, reviewing CDN and US remittances for government compliance. The Supervisor is responsible for executing tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with payroll processes, union agreements, and tax legislation, while remaining focused on delivering and executing work with guidance from the Payroll Manager.
- Ensure that all Canadian and US government remittances are compliant with tax laws in each country and state.
- Ensure that all related year-end requirements are completed by due dates for T4s and W2s, and that employees have the required documentation on or before the deadlines.
- Work with UAT testing in related areas and with year-end changes and deadlines with Payroll Supervisor and Functional Analyst.
- Apply company policies, procedures, and internal payroll controls at all levels of required work.
- Apply payroll professional standards to all interaction with other areas of the company regarding payroll requirements and law changes from governments.
- Act as the company SME for employee taxation and remitting to government agencies.
- Provide support for federal and provincial / state regulations and taxes to ensure compliance as requested.
- Apply documented payroll processes to execute day-to-day work procedures.
- Contribute to the deliverable for audit work requirements (external & client) as required.
- Work with the Payroll team to train on internal control requirements, reporting, and KPIs as required.
- Ensure process and payments are completed correctly and timely, following all auditor and internal controls.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management reporting and KPIs to meet required reporting parameters.
- Report the KPI process and the regular schedule for reporting requirements to Senior Management.
- Display leadership in Corporate Governance.
- Build constructive and effective working relationships with both internal and external team members.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, the company values and the Payroll policies and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma; degree in Commerce / Business / Accounting or a related field is preferred.
- CPM designation or working towards a CPM from the CPA or a related post-secondary institution is preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant and progressive payroll and accounting experience in a large payroll department.
- Experience working in a multi-union environment.
- Experience processing for 3500+ employees.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Alberta) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Finance & Accounting