Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist, US for an awesome downtown company. Our client scores top marks for culture, office perks and awesome staff. Among some of the awesome offerings: they have a snack wall, BBQ patios and a couple office pups!
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for full cycle processing US payroll and benefits for semi-monthly staff (salary and hourly) across the US. You will be a champion of process improvement and payroll analysis, ensuring compliance and optimization. You will demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers and providers.
- Prepare journal entries for payroll including entry, accrual, benefits and workers compensation
- Ensure the company is compliant with all legislative requirements regarding tax and payroll regulations
- Assist with the implementation of payroll processing in new territories
- Provide accurate reporting and reconciliation of payroll-related accounts on a monthly basis
- Strive to continually improve the payroll process and procedures
- Month end reconciliations of payroll related General Ledger accounts
- Administration and support for Payroll and HR function
- Compensation analysis and reporting
- Liaise with benefits providers and administer various plans
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role for a large organization (100 employees+) with US experience
- A PCP certification would be assets
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Outgoing, positive and enthusiastic personality
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.