Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a Payroll & Benefits Administrator for a well established housing and long term care organization in Vancouver. This position is responsible for the accurate preparation and delivery of the bi-weekly payroll and benefit plans administration, in accordance with company and government policies. This individual will maintain effective communication with Finance and Human Resources and provide support to all employees throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of the bi-weekly payroll and benefit plans administration.
- Responsible for processing new hires and terminations, and their benefits; responding to inquiries such as vacation accrual; making payroll changes and retroactive adjustments; maintaining seniority lists, increment steps, etc.
- Acts as a liaison to HEABC to understand and implement the collective agreements’ payroll and benefits related information.
- Identify best practice procedure and policy, make recommendations for new procedures or policy development and, in consultation with Finance and/or Human Resources, implement.
- Other payroll activities include vacation payout for terminated employees, preparation of Records of Employment, completing and filing T4s and T4 summaries, calculating gross earnings and wage loss information, portability forms, etc.
- Provide person-centered services to employees during onboarding, termination, retirement, maternity, etc., and respond to queries and administration of the benefit plans, including Medical Service Plan, Pacific Blue Cross, Municipal Pension Plan, SEB, LTD, etc.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by successful completion of courses in payroll and benefits administration.
- Completion of the Canadian Payroll Association Certificate Program Level 1 and Level 1 Accounting are preferred.
- At least three (3) years of payroll experience; health care/unionized industry experience is preferred, in addition to a minimum of one (1) year benefits administration experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.