Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator for an impressive company in Surrey. This entry level role is a permanent position that has been newly created and provides an exceptional opportunity to work with an accomplished leader, members of the payroll and benefits team and human resources group. In this role you will respond to employees payroll and benefits related inquiries and perform payroll and benefit transactions.
- Preparing and processing payroll for hourly and salary employees on a biweekly basis.
- Informing employees of their benefit options and plans, and monitoring use.
- Collaborating with office locations to ensure accurate entry to time data sheet and resolving any arising issues.
- Managing benefits enrollments and determining employee eligibility.
- Preparing and issuing T2200s.
- Establishing/maintaining employee records; ensuring employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis
- Responding to payroll and benefits related inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Providing payroll and benefits data/reports as needed.
- Preparing ROE’s online each pay cycle for inactive employees.
- Understanding of different benefit plans (retirement, health & dental insurance, etc.) and relevant regulations
- Experience or exposure to ADP and/or Ceridian is an asset
- Approx. 1 year of full-cycle payroll and benefits experience
- Proficiency in MS Office and in particular MS Excel
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exercises good judgement and maintains confidentiality
- Exceptional problem solving, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with minimal supervision
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.