Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Payroll Administrator for one of our large, downtown Vancouver based mining client. This will be a 6-month contract with possibilities for extension as this person covers a mat leave and supports a new system implementation. You will work with a very experienced Payroll Manager who takes great pride in teaching and developing her staff.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for the bi-weekly payroll for up to 150 salaried and hourly unionized staff. You will demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers and providers.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for salaried, hourly, and daily employees.
- Field staff questions regarding pay inquiries.
- Ensure the company is compliant with all legislative requirements regarding tax and payroll regulations
- Provide accurate reconciliation of payroll-related accounts on a monthly basis
- Strive to continually improve the payroll process and procedures
- Month end reconciliations of payroll related General Ledger accounts
- Special projects and ad hoc analyses
- 2+ years of payroll experience for a mid sized organization (100 employees+)
- Exposure to ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc.)
- Experience using a time and attendance system
- PCP certification would be an asset but not required
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Outgoing, positive and enthusiastic personality
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.