Horizon Recruitment is recruiting for a Payroll Administrator to partner with the finance team of a rapidly growing HVAC, construction and services company in Burnaby. The Payroll Admin will play a key role in preparing all payroll related information and partnering with external vendors to ensure all accuracy.
- Prepare and administer Bi-weekly payroll in partnership with an external 3rd party vendor
- Maintain current employee records in payroll system including entering and updating employee data, pay information, processing terminations, and other adjustments.
- Filing and maintenance of employee files (both paper and electronic), including keeping filing cabinets organized and archiving terminated files as needed.
- Monitor, track, and process employee pay increase eligibility for all employees.
- Assist with all reporting to Canada Revenue Agency
- Provide ad-hoc payroll-related reports to managers.
- Respond to garnishments, ICBC, and other requests.
- 1+ years of experience in payroll, accounting, human resources, and benefits administration is preferred.
- Experience working with payroll processing software or an HRIS required.
- Intermediate computer skills in MS-Office and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks effectively and to see them through to timely completion
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.