Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been tasked to source an Operations Supervisor for a BC based Manufacturer / disrtibutor.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the role is responsible for managing the facility's afternoon shift (2pm-11pm) ensuring the successful and smooth operations of both the manufacturing and warehouse facility, covering all aspects of order packing, logistics, safety, quality, emergency maintenance coordination and staff management.
- Successfully lead and manage the production and warehouse team for afternoon shift
- Lead team in areas such as training and career development, quality, efficiency and productivity.
- Manage output and production schedules using Demand-Driven Manufacturing techniques
- Oversee and supervise production process, ensuring high standards are maintained across all aspects of production operating procedures.
- Ensure serviceability and maintenance of all manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Be an advocate of safe and compliant working practices across the facility.
- Responsible for product quality to guarantee all standards and specifications are met prior to leaving the production.
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline
- Proven leadership qualities
- 5+ years experience in the leadership of teams within a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
- Proven track record and demonstrable examples of optimizing up-time and quality
- Polished communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing change and production growth within a manufacturing environment
- Working examples of implementing process improvements and technology in a manufacturing environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.