Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged to identify an Operations Manager to partner with the Principals of a longstanding, niche Manufacturing business. Our client has a long history of success and advancement supporting their industry and has seen growth both internationally and on a domestic level.
The Operations Manager will be the owners apprentice in all aspects of the business including vendor management, raw material procurement, vendor negotiations, logistics, quality assurance, and production management. If you have a strong understanding of the Supply Chain within a manufacturing organization and a strong sense of business acumen, then this is a great career opportunity to learn all aspects of the business within this operation.
- study, learn and synthesize key components of the operation and design principles
- Travel to various vendor sites and negotiate pricing
- Source raw materials and manage full end to end procurement processes
- Manage quality assurance from manufacturing plant overseas
- Visit manufacturing plant in Asia
- Handle all components of the logistics from sourcing raw material to finished product
- 4+ years experience in a Supply Chain/Operations role
- Degree in Supply Chain or business would be considered an asset
- Can do attitude with a willingness to learn
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Exceptional people and relationship building capability
- Advanced financial, budgeting and cost control understanding
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain