Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst with substantial Material Resource Planning experience to join a growing manufacturing company located in Victoria, BC. You will be responsible for developing managing and optimizing MRP systems including demand/supply plans that considers forecasts, availability of material and manufacturing capacity. In addition, this role is responsible for identifying and leading continuous improvement projects across the inventory and supply chain operations.
Initially a 6-month contract position, this role has the potential for additional extension or conversion to a permanent position.
- Optimize supply planning strategies for an assortment of product ranges at multiple facilities.
- Develop and manage reporting and KPI's for supply chain operations
- Responsible for developing demand/supply plans that considers forecasts, availability of material and manufacturing capacity.
- Optimize MRP / ERP systems while implementing planning and inventory strategies.
- Material master data creation and maintenance (MRP type, MRP controller, make/buy, planning strategy, MRP parameters, etc) working with other departments
- Lead continuous improvements to system efficiency and data accuracy.
- Develop reports and dashboards for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) monitoring and reporting and continuous improvement activity for planning.
- Work across the manufacturing operations team globally to ensure demand planning goals are realistically set and managed.
- Work with sales and operations to effectively forecast raw material demands
- Work closely with engineering and product management departments to forecast new product releases and associated raw material demands.
- General inventory planning and production planning activities.
- Appropriate degree education or equivalent relevant experience in business, manufacturing or technology.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment in a planning or scheduling position.
- Proven materials management experience within a high volume, high mix manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong MRP systems skills with proven ability to setup, optimize and maintain MRP system information.
- Advanced Excel skills are essential. Experience with Tableau or PowerBI considered an asset
- Strong communication skills in English and ability to present reports to leadership team
- Meticulous organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced multi-faceted environment.
- Think on your feet and adapt to challenging circumstances with minimum fuss.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.