Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Manufacturing Engineer for one of our Lower Mainland clients. Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will develop innovative manufacturing plans for a rapidly changing manufacturing operation and ensure manufacturing quality, safety and efficiency are the highest level.
- Develop and implement manufacturing plans for a high mix manufacturing environment
- Develop manufacturing documentation including process Instructions, work instructions, and process flows, standard operating procedures.
- Assist with the development of assembly tools, jigs and assembly processes.
- Trouble shoot issues in the existing manufacturing process
- Identify, evaluate and implement emerging manufacturing technologies to streamline manufacturing and improve quality and safety
- Analyze non-conformance issues and conduct root cause analysis to identify process issues.
- Contribute to regular design reviews and lead design for manufacture (DFM/DFMA) activities.
- 8 - 10 years experience within engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Electrical, Mechanical or industrial engineering degree
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with constant product changes and new product introductions
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with all stakeholders within the production facility
- Ability to train and lead production staff on manufacturing processes
- Energy and drive to improve current process and identify new and improved tooling and / or technologies
- Solid works / CAD experience
- Lean / Six Sigma experience
- Project management experience.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.