Our Client, a growing Automotive Company based in Richmond Hill is seeking a strong Manufacturing Engineer.
· Design and development of cost-optimized manufacturing concepts for production
· of automotive structural components
· Assessment of manufacturing equipment, tooling, and labor related to joining technologies and the downstream processes
· Collaborate in the Launch Workflow regarding the assembly processes (VSD, VSM)
· Project planning, process assurance and optimization, and implementation of assembly technologies
· Assessment/Verification of proposals regarding the feasibility of an assembly, and if necessary present alternatives
· Review new project orders, develop process plan and timeline to meet/exceed Process Plan and Cost Model
· Create RFQ package to review with team to send out to vendors for quote
· Procure estimates for equipment and process costs
· Take equipment from quotation to installation for new programs and/or change to existing programs as a result of engineering changes.
· Liaises with vendors and monitor progress through quotation, design, build and installation stages of all new equipment necessary for new programs.
· Utilizes the experience and expertise of cross-functional team members to ensure equipment meets all cost, quality, reliability and productivity requirements.
· Obtains quotations from various vendors, develop and present COC summary (Cost Comparison) of all relevant details to team members for input and evaluation for approval to proceed.
· Coordinates all equipment sample runs at both vendor and in-house locations.
· Ensures supplier provides all pertinent documentation including detail drawings, electrical schematics and instruction manuals etc., and forward to appropriate departments.
· Ensures new equipment is modified accordingly as per engineering change requirements and Kirchhoff GTS (Global Technical Standard)
· Responsible for following and maintaining CDB (CIM Database)
· Selecting vendors for quotations
· Determining all relevant details for quotation summary
· Prioritizing activities and recognizing critical tasks
· Accountability – is accountable in areas of:
· Successful implementation of equipment
· Ensuring equipment meets quality, productivity, reliability and cost requirements
· Accuracy and completeness of recommendation summary
· Meeting project timing requirements pertaining to equipment
· Contacts – establishes/maintains relationships:
· Employees within Production Control, Quality Assurance, Production, Purchasing, Sales, Accounting, Maintenance and team members
· Outside vendors
· Work Experience (provide details and minimum # of years required)
· Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the automotive industry with exposure to building equipment,
· Programmable logic control, electrical, robotics, etc.
· Sound understanding and/or experience of mig and resistance welding, assembly, sealant and adhesive application and detection
· Sound understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
· Working knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning Processes
· Trained and experienced with MOST Analysis (or equivalent)
· Project Planning, Process Concept development, and Process optimization
· Skills (language, technical, computer etc.)
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective problem solving and decision making skills
· Ability to handle multi-tasks and changing priorities
· Works well in a team environment
· Effective presentation skills
· Excellent analytical skills and exercises sound judgement
· Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, CAD
· University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent job related experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.