Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Manager, Tax & Reporting for our large, publicly traded client with operations all across North America. This person will provide hands-on support on tax reporting, compliance, planning and various other tax initiatives.
Being part of a small tax team, you will be counted on to play a hands on role in ensuring Canadian tax compliance. This will include preparing financial statements and working papers for tax return filings, monitoring regulatory and compliance developments to assess their impacts, and identifying tax savings opportunities and challenges. You will also provide support to the M&A team and assist in corporate restructurings. Being such a fluid situation, our client is very open to tax professionals at various levels and is willing to train a more junior individual or scale up the role to take advantage of your strengths.
- CPA designation with experience in Canadian tax, ideally with time spent working in public practice with public clients
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to bring forth innovative ideas with a drive for continuous improvement and elimination of redundancies
- A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get a job done
- Ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload
- A team oriented work approach with the ability to work independently
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.