Horizon Recruitment Inc. is searching for an experienced Manager, Project Cost Control for our large Vancouver based client. The role will be responsible for the development of a skilled project cost management team monitoring major projects within BC. Reporting to the Director, Cost Control, the Manager will work closely with a variety of stakeholders to implement cost management processes and procedure.
In this role you will:
· Manage project cost control systems to deliver a portfolio of construction projects
· Manage budgeting, forecasting, analysis, tracking, and reporting processes for project portfolio (using Earned Value methodologies)
· Develop structure, processes and systems for the department
· Work closely with Accounting to ensure accurate entry of project costs
· Manage risk though effective identification, quantification and mitigation’s processes
· Manage department staffing requirements
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration or engineering,
· 5 years of project controls experience
· 3+ years experience in a leadership role
· Substantial experience leading cost management on major construction projects of at least $150 million
· Strong Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills required, Working knowledge of Prism, Primavera P6, SAP etc
· Strong leadership skills.
· Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills
· Ability to deliver project results to all levels of the organisation and client representatives
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.