Horizon Recruitment has partnered with a rapidly growing leader in the financial services industry to recruit a talented Mergers & Acquisitions Manager. This unique role represents an opportunity to work either fully remote or hybrid (1 – 2 office days/week).
You will play an instrumental role in executing our client growth strategy and leading start-to-finish deal execution on buy-side transactions including financial and business due diligence, target valuation and financial modeling, and preparation of transaction documentation. The Mergers & Acquisitions Manager will be a key team member of our clients active and high performing corporate development team. Reporting to the Director Mergers & Acquisitions, we are looking for an organized and highly analytical individual who is looking to expand their knowledge and can assist our client’s national strategic expansion.
With a rich history of 40 + years our client has remained a family-owned company that is committed to supporting local communities. Our client boasts a national network of 200 locations and over 2,000 employees, the company continues to expand across Canada.
- Performing financial valuations of potential acquisition targets, including in-depth financial analysis of quality of earnings, normalization adjustments, and estimation of synergies
- Preparing expressions of interest / letters of intent
- Performing buy-side transaction due diligence
- Creating and managing the digital “data books” of the acquisition target and leveraging them to build sound analyses and valuable insights
- Managing digital data rooms to ensure efficient flow of documents and communication (both internally and externally)
- Building strong relationships with the vendor throughout the transaction
- Reviewing and assistance on drafting of definitive purchase agreements
- Collaborating with a cross-functional internal due diligence and post-merger integration team and deal sponsors
- Interacting and assisting external advisors including legal and accounting firms on transactions
- Preparing M&A and finance-related presentations for Senior Management and the Board
- Supporting in deal sourcing and business development activities
- Assisting in other ad hoc financial analysis and modelling for various initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business, with focus on finance or accounting
- CPA designation (CFA, CBV designations are an asset)
- 4+ years of direct experience in an M&A transaction environment (e.g. private equity, Big 4 Financial Advisory, investment banking, corporate finance, corporate development), 7+ years overall of professional experience
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Proficient at PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; able to adapt quickly to changing needs, responsibilities, and tasks
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- Ability to succeed and flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.