Horizon Recruitment has been engaged by a cutting edge technology company to conduct a search for a Manager, International Tax. Our client is experiencing significant growth and as the complexity of their business changes across the jurisdictions they operate in, so do their taxation requirements.
The tax function is currently managed by the CFO and financial management team but the necessity to focus on robust tax planning has become a critical component. Our client operates in a fast paced industry with specialized niche capability so the ability to research new transactions and determine the best tax treatments will be paramount. The role provides a mix of strategic and hands on work, in fact the ideal person will be as comfortable with the hands on components as they are with the higher level planning.
We are looking for an individual who will have the capability to build a high performing tax team as the company continues its expansion. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a great managerial group who are creative, committed and go above and beyond. This is a role represents a career move especially if you're in a firm and have been considering a move to industry. If you've been managing clients in the technology or software space then this is certainly an position for you to consider.
- Communicate technical tax issues clearly to business leaders and work effectively across all levels of internal process owners and external advisors.
- Monitor tax compliance items to proactively track all tax filing requirements, deadlines, and payments.
- Prepare and review working papers to support Canadian and US corporate tax returns. Manage tax service providers to ensure compliance and timely filings.
- Oversee the compliance process for indirect tax including sales and use tax (US & international), GST, PST, and other related filings.
- Manage external and regulatory audits and examinations as required and ensure robust audit documentation is available.
- Assess and optimize positions around key opportunities and corporate requirements (transfer pricing approach and support) and direct external advisors accordingly.
- Perform tax research on innovative new and stay up to date on developments and changes in tax laws and tax accounting guidance.
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years experience including managing Canadian and US tax compliance, transfer pricing, indirect and consumption taxes, SR&ED, cross border tax, and accounting for deferred income taxes.
- Experience with tax implementation projects for high-growth, high transaction volume companies is a strong plus.
- CPA or equivalent.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
- Proven experience building strong relationships with senior management, external service providers, business partners, etc.
- Demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.