Horizon Recruitment has partnered with a client with operations stretching from coast to coast, our client operates a successful growing international business with a rich history. Our client plays an integral role in the logistics marketplace with significant supply chain expertise. Reporting to the Director the Manager, Internal Controls leads an accomplished solutions oriented team of 6. The Manager, Internal Controls is an accomplished mentor, motivator and manager with a work hard play hard attitude. This role represents an excellent opportunity to gain access to a large scale, stable organization with a lot of long term potential for upward progression. This highly visible role will allow the successful candidate to build relationships and solve complex business issues related to the preservation and control of the financial operations. The Manager will ensure the sustainment of policies, procedures and processes of internal control which are cost-effective, operationally efficient, and compliant with regulatory requirements (e.g. SOX).
Our client offers a competitive overall compensation program that includes flexible and competitive benefits package, pension plan, employee share purchase plan, LTIP, STIP
- Creates an environment that provides opportunities for Team Lead and Control Specialists to develop.
- Continually improves management’s internal controls testing program (business and IT controls) in compliance with SOX regulatory requirements ensuring efficient utilization of resources.
- Develops and leads execution of non-SOX controls program providing management with value-add advice through review, documentation and testing of management controls and processes
- Develops and leads the successful completion of the ICFR program’s IT General Controls, IT application controls, and Report Testing
- Designs and executes formal quarterly internal controls documentation certification process to support senior executive quarterly representation to SEC.
- Manages day to day relationship, provides assistance to and responds to all queries from external auditors. Coordinates testing approach and performance of testing ensuring alignment with external auditors. Proactively seeks to drive efficiencies in the SOX testing program through identifying opportunities to work collaboratively and for the external auditors.
- Prepares reports on internal controls for management and Audit and Finance Committee
- Maintains and improves documentation of internal controls and management’s documentation of processes and controls in corporate Governance Reporting and Compliance software.
- Ensures documentation provides management with valuable resources for management of accounting and financial reporting processes
- Work with other internal controls stakeholders (such as Internal Audit, Risk, etc.) to strengthen and continually improve control framework, mitigate corporate risk, increase staff utilization and eliminate duplicate work
- Strong understanding of control framework gained through experience working in Internal Control, SOX, Internal Audit or similar role.
- Familiarity or experience working with SAP
- CPA, CIA or other risk management designation would be preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in IT audit and planning, risk assessment, performance of SOX IT controls/assessment;
- Management and leadership skills including coaching, motivating, communication, team building, implementing change and improvement;
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office products specifically Word, Excel and Visio;
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain