Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Manager, Internal Audit (Bilingual Spanish) with a large growing industry leader. Our client is proud of their financial performance and sustained business excellence. Reporting the Director, Internal Audit and working with the Audit Committee the Manager, Internal Audit will play a key role in supporting the company’s governance, risk management, internal controls and operational processes. This is a great career opportunity to align with a solid company with continued growth plans that will expose the successful candidate to a variety of opportunities and learning experiences with a strong management team. Our client is headquartered in Vancouver but candidates can work from Alberta and/or relocate to Vancouver if interested to do so.
- Ensure audits are reported in an effective and objective manner, with clear communication supported by adequate evidence of conclusions.
- Manage risk-based audit initiatives, with a goal of both maximizing company performance and control, while minimizing risk.
- Monitor the progress of corrective actions providing periodic progress reports to the Director
- Participate in the annual risk assessment and audit planning exercise.
- Respond effectively to management's requests for specific and/or special audit projects.
- Adhere to and support the Internal Audit Methodology and ensure all audits are conducted within appropriate requirements.
- Manage external and internal resources allocated to the audits for maximum efficiency and impact and support the Director of Internal Audit in building and developing a high-functioning team
- Assist in the preparation of required reports to senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Ensure internal audit’s administrative tasks are conducted in an efficient manner and do not distract from the core objectives of the department.
- CPA designation with audit related certifications (CIA, CISA) is preferred.
- At least 4-6 years of relevant internal audit and/or related governance and control experience.
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Current knowledge of audit practices and risk management programs
- Application of enterprise risk management, compliance and internal controls within a large, diverse, publicly traded company is preferred.
- Previous team management experience is highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills, including leadership, management, and process and relationship management.
- Highly analytical—can quickly assimilate and synthesize complex data and information into a decision-making framework.
- A flexible problem solver who can manage several projects concurrently.
- Committed ethical business conduct.
- The successful candidate must be open to travel to operations sites, under normal business conditions.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.