Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting a search for a Manager, Innovation & Projects to provide strategic leadership and support to projects that drive progressive and innovative solutions across a geographically dispersed public company. This newly created role will allow for the company to evolve and adapt to the ever changing business environment. Working closely with the IT team, this person will take a proactive approach toward generating new ideas and pushing projects to completion.
- Regularly assess the business for innovation opportunities and take the lead in implementation of those tools or processes.
- Leverage and optimize the usage of existing tools or platforms and investigate emerging cloud technologies to improve collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Oversee the implementation of various initiatives, owning the quality and effectiveness of the solution, and ensuring it is on time and on budget.
- Establish and maintain a strategic technology action plan, allowing for updates to pivot and capture opportunities.
- Evaluate technology trends, assess for fit based on cost/benefit analyses, and prepare business cases for stakeholder consideration.
- Build strong working relationships with operational leadership and employees to better understand where value-added projects can be initiated
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, business administration, or equivalent education and experience
- Project management designation would be preferred (PMP, Prince2)
- 5+ years of progressive technology or project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all parts of the business
- Experience working closely with operations with the ability to influence
- Strong business acumen and judgement, including experience in economics, forecasting, and statistical analysis.
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and drive practical and innovative solutions
- Ability to draft clear and concise memos, reports, and business cases
- Hands-on attitude with the willingness to get the job done
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing work environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and in a SOX compliant environment is desirable
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.