Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking a Manager, Financial Reporting for one of our Lower Mainland clients. This is a newly created position that will be partly focused on financial reporting and partly focused on process improvement initiatives across the organization. A combination of public practice and industry is preferred, but for the right person you may be able to make the jump direct from public practice!
As the Manager, Financial Reporting you will be responsible for the complete, accurate and timely financial reporting for the organization. You will ensure the team delivers strong period end reporting and regulatory reporting. You will also be responsible for inventory reporting and developing the best practice processes for inventory management across the province. You will be involved in special projects and potential business process improvement opportunities.
- Professional accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA) with public practice experience
- Manager level in public practice or equivalent experience in industry with an emphasis on financial statement preparation and analysis
- 5+ years of experience with progressively increasing financial responsibilities (including reporting and analysis) in a large organization
- In depth knowledge of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Corporate reporting experience with a public sector organization is a plus
- Strong communication, delivery, interpersonal and facilitation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.